Eco building specialist Pod Space have an exciting new opportunity to join their growing design team. Pod Space is an internationally recognised, multiple award winning design and build company working with some high profile clients such as Porsche, BAE, National Trust, Mitsubishi, Exeter University. We are constantly expanding our impressive client list and currently have projects across a wide range of commercial, public sector and residential schemes UK wide. We are looking for ambitious, hardworking and friendly people to join our close knit team.
Pod Space are looking for a calm and confident junior architectural technologist to work alongside our design team and project managers. You will support the wider team playing valuable role in the construction detailing of high end off site fabricated studios through to larger residential and commercial buildings. You will also take a lead role in liaising with our clients to ensure they have clear, concise and reliable information.
The principle day to day responsibilities:
• Progression of initial concepts through to working drawings and manufacture making use of BIM.
• Liaison with clients to develop design concepts and manage projects with efficiency and speed.
• Site visits to clients for initial meeting, to monitor progress and ensure smooth running of project and carry out final building inspection.
• Producing detailed drawings for building regulations applications and tender packages.
• Preparing planning applications.
• Training will be provided where required.
Key skills, knowledge and attributes:
• A good understanding of construction, with either a degree qualification or as a minimum, educated to HND level in either Architecture / architectural design / Construction Technology
• Computer literate (ideally Apple Mac) and a good working knowledge of Archicad (Revit & other similar CAD packages also considered) and BIM would be advantageous.
• Logical, motivated and professional with an ability to prioritise and work under pressure both independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent numeracy and communication skills – verbal and written.
• Good eye for design and detailing.
• Ability to solve problems and raise critical information with efficiency and liaison with appropriate personnel.
• Driving license.
• Competitive Salary
• Starting on 22 days holiday, rising to 25 days holiday with advancing years of service
• Pension scheme
• Cycle scheme
• Bi-annual social events and regular team events
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an international award winning design studio. If you think you are the right person for this role, please send your cv and salary expectations to:
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.